What is the project about?
Project describes the importance of caring for textile and leather gloves. This is an important topic of recent years that affects also our development and production of firefighting and rescue gloves, as well as gloves for the police and the military. In this segments we encounter...
with high levels of impurities, in some cases even carcinogenic substances. Care of the gloves is essential as the lining of the glove is in direct contact with the skin of the wearer. Direct contact can cause contaminants (often carcinogenic) to be absorbed through the skin directly into the firefighter's body and subsequently cause health problems.
By regularly maintaining the outer and especially the inner part of the glove, you can significantly reduce this risk and, with proper care, extend the life of the glove.
Holík Washing Gel
The washing gel is natural based for leather and textile gloves with high washing efficiency.
It reduces bacteria, does not pollute the environment and is fully biodegradable.
Benefits of Holík Washing Gel:
- Ecofriendly - environmentally friendly and biodegradable
- Reduces bacteria in the glove
- Does not damage the hydrophobic qualities of materials - if you wash in a household product, the
hydrophobic qualities of the material are reversed and the glove easily draw moisture and water in
instead of repelling it
- No optical bleaches - WARNING: Holík products should not be washed in products that contain
- Gentle on outer and inner materials
- Great for washing at low temperatures
- Does not leave stains on the material after washing
The Holík emulsion protects against water, oil, dirt and revives the colour. Adding fat to the leather prevents the leather from hardening during drying.
The emulsion is intended as a nourishment for leather products. For easy use, you will also
find a sponge in the package for easy application.
Benefits of Holík Emulsion:
- Supports the hydrophobic effects of the leather.
- Prevents hardening of the leather when applied to wet leather.
- Nourishes leather and increases its durability.
Holík Impregnation Spray
A highly effective impregnating spray for leather and textiles that protects against moisture, water, oil and dirt while maintaining the breathability of the material.
Benefits of Holík Impregnation Spray:
- Adds a water-repellent, oil-repellent and scuff-resistant finish to the face of the glove.
- Leaves the product breathable.
- Increases the durability of surface materials.
- Wash leather gloves at 40°
- Great washing effects of the Holík gel
- The importance of proper glove maintenance and drying
- The importance of impregnation or emulsion application
Machine washing is now possible for both textile and leather gloves. Our product in the form of washing gel can be used on our entire product range.
- Firefighter's gloves are machine washable at 40°
- Textile gloves can be washed at 60° maximum.
It is important to rinse well, a floorball is best for this step, which we recommend inserting into the lining to best rinse out the dirt inside the glove. Rinse the glove thoroughly to ensure that no detergent residue remains inside the lining. We recommend 3 soak cycles, each for 4-5 min.
The washing gel does not harm the materials of which the gloves are made.
In the case of leather gloves, the washing gel even partially restores the leather's former properties and promotes hydrophobic properties.
After washing, we of course recommend using an oil emulsion to further revive the leather and extend its life. The leather will not harden during drying and will be beautifully soft and comfortable. Repeat the application of the emulsion after each wash and always on damp leather if necessary.
For maximum hydrophobic properties, we finish the treatment with an impregnating spray, which we spray in a thin layer and leave to dry for at least 12 hours. Then lightly brush.